Save on Caskets, Vaults, Urns & Memorials
AVAILABLE FOR APPOINTMENT 24 HOURS
Business hours: 9-5 M-F
Call us before you visit the funeral home.
Many people are not aware that they can buy a casket from a place other than a funeral home. In 1984 the FTC put into effect the Funeral Rule to help regulate the Funeral Industry. It allows competition with the Funeral Home, which in turn helps the public save over the high Funeral Homes' prices. Funeral service providers no longer have a monopoly over the funeral industry.
The Funeral Rule has five main points (from FTC):
- You have the right to choose the funeral services and goods you want (with some exceptions).
- The funeral provider must state this right in writing on the general price list.
- If state or local law requires you to buy any particular item, the funeral provider must disclose it on the price list, with a reference to the specific law.
- The funeral provider may not refuse, or charge a fee, to handle a casket you bought elsewhere.
- A funeral provider that offers cremations must make alternative containers available.
Additionally, upon mentioning, but in any event before showing caskets, the Funeral Home must provide you with an itemized price list of each casket with at least enough information to identify each casket. It does not matter if the funeral home representative is at the funeral home or not. Before you are shown a casket, the funeral home is required to offer you their casket price list so that you are able to determine the price of each casket, and not just be given a range (you may refuse to see the prices if you like).
You are not required to be present upon the delivery of your casket, although you may choose to be. Know your rights before you visit your funeral home. Remember, knowledge is power. Here are some funeral planning tips.
The Atlanta Casket Store has been serving Metro Atlanta for over 20 years. Our prices are significantly lower than funeral homes'. We appeal to your intelligence and don't play on your emotions, allowing you to save when you buy caskets and other burial products.
We deliver to the funeral homes in Metro Atlanta free of charge. Our goal is to help you save during your hour of bereavement.
Let us help you save up to thousands off the price of your casket.